06 July, 2009

How about a small yurt?


I have recently popped by my friends blog (Liz Biz)
to read a post about small houses. Her pictures
and ideas got me thinking....

Maybe the solution to my problem is to buy a
property and put a small house in on it?

And when I say small, I mean small!

I was thinking small like a Yurt.

If you have never seen a yurt you
can google "yurts" or visit these
sites to see pics of yurts.


Also, a few things have come up lately....

My father is not as well as he used to be,
and as his only child I have promised
to take care of him (would do this even
if I wasn't his only child).

However, this has brought up a few
questions about where and when?

The "where" part of this is easy for us. We
have a favorite state that we have lived
in for many years in the past.

We have done some research on homes, and
find that we can live there again happily. We
have also found that we can buy a house
with a small bit of land to have a little
house for my father. He is very independent
and would do well in his own home with
supervision nearby. (as he gets older)

As for when? Don't know exactly, but definitely
in the next few years.

After speaking with my father about this,
he mentioned his dream again of owning
a yurt. A yurt is a very economical home,
studio, vacation home or office.

This just might fit the bill! Of coarse more
research is needed..... I will be spending time
in the future looking into this option.

As for the dream of Ireland?

Hmm? A yurt and some land might not be
a bad solution for a vacation home.

Land is still reasonable and yurts are too!
However, I am not sure if I can get a yurt
to Ireland. Deep thoughts!! LOL!

So again folks, the dream is not dead!

However, we have now decided that it might
not happen for many many years now.

That is okay. Dreams are great things to have.

I have enjoyed dreaming along with you all, and
I really don't mind continuing to dream a little
while longer.

I also don't mind that my dreams have taken new
new twists and turns.

I am also glad that I can add my dad and his dreams.
Along with the possibility of a lovely home,
in my favorite US state, to the mix.

Dreams are wonderful things, aren't they!

Dream a little.... you never know what might happen!

hugs~kimme


*A big thank you goes out to Sue from Okalahoma for
her supportive emails and ideas :) Snaps for Sue! LOL!

5 comments:

Barry said...

Dreams are wonderful things. And so are Yurts.

white o'morn cottage said...

Ohhh, I'm off to 'google Yurts now!

Always have yurt dreams...sorry for the pun!...you are always welcome to indulge your love of Ireland here with us..you know that. Paul having op next Tues. Keep us in your thoughts that day. Love and hugs Pam

white o'morn cottage said...

Ohhh, I'm off to 'google Yurts now!

Always have yurt dreams...sorry for the pun!...you are always welcome to indulge your love of Ireland here with us..you know that. Paul having op next Tues. Keep us in your thoughts that day. Love and hugs Pam

SisterDaughter said...

See

http://zone5.org/page/2/ for yurts in Ireland.

Blessings.... Sister

magnumlady said...

I've never heard of a yurt, but how about a mobile home?