08 September, 2009

Fun at the Flea Market....


Wow, I haven't posted in a long time.

How the heck are ya'll doin'?

We are busy with loads of stuff around here.
The beginning of school along with Fall always
equals a busy time for us.

It just seems this year has been extra busy......

Getting ready for winter. Planning a trip home
to visit my ill grandmother and father. Winterizing
the greenhouse. Cleaning up the yard....etc... Phew!

The weather is also starting to change here in
Germany. Cooler nights and mornings.

It is so cool that exchanged the linens for
warmer down blankets on the bed a few weeks
earlier than usual.

However, some of our days are still warm, but
for the most part it is light sweater weather.

I do love the Fall! I don't know if it is because I
was born in the fall, or if it is just the beauty this
season holds.... trees changing their summer clothes
for more colorful garb. The birds thinking about
flying to a warmer home...

Anyway, we took advantage of the lovely weather
this last Saturday, and visited the large flea market
45 minutes from the house.

It was amazingly packed with vendors for such a
cool morning. Everyone we saw had jackets on.
Didn't seem to stop the shopping, that's for sure!

Btw, every time we visit this market in particular, I
think of my friend Pam. I know she would love It!!
Just brimming to the rim with treasures to
be found.... Fingers Flynn, you must come out
one day to see me :)

So, I picked up a few items that I couldn't live
without. I used the excuse that it would soon
be my birthday, and that I had decided (at that
moment,, mind you!) to take the whole month
to celebrate. Why not celebrate ME!! LOL!!

Here's the booty.....



Hand knitted Lederhosen. Cable stitches and all!
I got such a thrill seeing the cute outfits with
all the detail in them. The older woman who
made them was so happy with my enthusiasm
for them...... Or she thought I was a nut! LOL!


Vintage brass bed warmer. The brass has flowers
carved into the lid.


Really cheap rugs... 2€ a piece. They were all hand done
by a man for his wife many years ago. I had a few
last flea market day from the son and was thrilled
with them. With all these wood floors in our house
I gotta put something down. Might as well have
something second hand instead of new.... much more
fun, don'tcha think?


Have a fun week!! ~kimme



3 comments:

white o'morn cottage said...

Oh what treasure! I love the rugs and the lederhosen is too cute. I will make it over there some day (I'll need to hire a container to bring home the loot though) Love and hugs Pam

magnumlady said...

Looks like you got some lovely bargains.

Utah Grammie said...

We've missed you! Glad to hear everything's OK..

Great finds - I love the rugs too! If I ever make it to see you and Pam (someday?!) I want to see this place for sure.

And fall is my favorite too. I was born in the fall as well but even beyond that , it's always felt like "home" to me. Enjoy your crisp weather :-)