23 September, 2009

Monday's child


Well folks, today is my big day! I have been pampered,
cooked for and all around appreciated. It should be like
this everyday right? LOL!

The lack of tasks left me with much free time
to ponder a thought.... Deep "kimme thoughts"

What day did my lovely mother start her contractions,
2 1/2 months early I might add, and give life to me?
(thanks mom!)

Was I Monday's child fair of face? Naw, that doesn't seem
right. I am cute but not fair of face. LOL!

How about Tuesday's child full of grace? Hmmm, I wouldn't
say I am very graceful. My ballet teacher never refereed to me
as graceful.... more unbalanced. I do think I am gracious with
people but not graceful...

Wednesday's child is full of Woe. I like Wednesdays very much.
Halfway threw the week, halfway to the weekend. But I am not
full of woe that is for sure. I am more full of Joy. Or at least I
try to be.

So Maybe Thursday's child with far to go? No, that isn't right
either? Far to go where? Far to go to the grocery store?
Now that would be right. soo very far to go. LOL!

Now Friday's child is loving and giving. I would love to be
Friday's child, but with the tales I have been told about my
birth I don't believe I was born on a Friday. Nor a Saturday
or Sunday. I was defiantly born on a weekday.


Here's the poem... It was meant to be a indication of
what a child's fortune would be in life.


Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe"
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

So my curiosity got me and I googled what day of the
week I was born and it turns out that I am Wednesday's
child. Full of Woe and all. LOL! I looked up the meaning
of this poem and it turns out that one of the original
versions of this poem has Wednesday and Friday reversed.
Wednesday's child is loving and giving and Friday's child
is full of Woe.

Either way, I am going to spend my coming year loving
and giving. It is a wonderful thing that we can choose to
be what we want to be in life. Forget about woe....

Ah well, it is only a poem after all. Which child are you?

Have a great day! I know I am :)

hugs~ kimme

10 comments:

Barry said...

Interesting. I never thought to look this up. My wife was born on a Thursday--so she has far to go.

I was born on a Saturday--so I work hard for a living.

That explains a few things.

Barry said...

By the way, it turns out both our girls were born on Monday--so they are fair of face.

Or, at least, I always thought so!

white o'morn cottage said...

Oh no, you're not full of woe! So it has to be the other one. I was born on a Sunday. Palm Sunday as it happens and Mam thought she should work it into my name as far as possible...hence Pamela. Have a FABULOUS! birthday Kimme.

Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to Kimmme....
Happy birthday to you!

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Thank you all for your comments and well wishes.

hugs~kimme

Utah Grammie said...

Happpy Birthday...Happppy birthday,
happybirthday happybirthday happ-pee birthday, Happy birthday...to YOU!

Utah Grammie said...

now, go get cake-faced!! XXOO

Cristie said...

I was also born on a Wednesday.

magnumlady said...

Birthday, sorry I'm late.

Odanavyl said...

Could be the other way of looking at it "Wednesday's child shall fear no foe" because the meaning becomes a little muddled if written Wednesday’s child is full of Wo… Days are linked to their names. Monday for the moon (fair of face) Tuesday for the god Tīw (god of war but known for his honesty and graciousness) Wednesday is named for Woden (leader of the wild hunt) Thursday is named for Thor only god who could not travel by rainbow between heaven and earth. Friday named for Frige goddess of love. Saturday named for Saturn (god of the harvest, hard work) Sunday is named for the sun a very bright joyous object to saxons.

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Odanavyl,

Thank you for your comment and a big "Welcome" to my blog. :) I was unaware of this form of Monday's child. Thank you for sharing it.

hugs~kimme