17 December, 2009

Come into my parlor.....



We have made it safely to my grandmother's house :)
She opened the door with her favorite rhyme to 
welcome her guests.

"Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly.."

My heart leaped at hearing those words.  I had
been waiting for them.  I had wondered if she would
forget to say them, but she didn't.  She opened her
arms to me and I fell into them.   I noticed immediately
that she is smaller, but yet she is not fragile.  Her mind
is as sharp as ever.  I am over joyed to be in her home;
my favorite place on earth.


"The Spider And The Fly"  Is a rhyme by
Mary Howitt (1799-1888)  Visit the link
above for the whole rhyme.

Hugs~kimme

Merry Christmas! :)

2 comments:

white o'morn cottage said...

Ahhh, that's lovely. Have a WONDERFUL Christmas with your family. Love and best wishes...Pam

Sister-Daughter said...

Blessings and joy from a bitterly cold Ireland with snow on the way, in large quantities they say. see sisterdaughter.blogspot.com

If I vanish, that is why:)

But all well stocked for Christmas anyways

JOY TO THE WORLD...