11 December, 2009

Doggies and flying.. Oh my!

In this post you will discover how neurotic
I am when it comes to my doggies and
flying. LOL!

I just dropped off the doggies at the kennel...
Oh, how I hate to leave them so long. I worry
that they will think I have left them for good.

I know that they don't understand. Their
little faces were upset. My smallest dog
actually cries with tears and all. It broke my
heart when he looked up at me with tears in
his eyes.

However, the kennel attendant said that they
would take them out to play in the yard with
the other doggies at least 5 times a day. That
should keep them busy, happy and possibly
keep their mind off me being away?

I think the woman felt for me. I am sure she
could tell that I was the worrying type with my
oversized dog bed and detailed list of their care
instructions: 3/4 cup twice a day with water and
add a little canned food. Cover them up with
their blanket at night and be sure and put Bud's
coat on when he goes outside.
Gosh, reading that back to myself, I wonder if
I may love those dogs way too much. LOL!
They are my little boys... What can I say!
(*read doggy jokes below if you have time :)

So, with that behind me, I can now move
onto finishing up my packing....

The time is getting closer... We are almost ready
to go to our hotel for the night. From there we
will leave in the morning to the airport.
I am getting a little nervous already. A little
fidgety, a little on edge. Oh, I don't care to fly,
and If I could take a boat from here I would!

"There may be 50 ways to leave your lover,
but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane"
Mostly, I don't like to be locked in a space that
I know I can't get out of or control. I have
learned to deal with my flying anxiety and my
motion sickness with many prayers and a bit
of Dramamine. I also bring loads of comfort
items; a book to distract me, a video on my ipod,
and loads of snackie type foods. On top of that,
I pick my seats online so that I feel like have
some control.... even if it is very little.

"In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure,
masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming,
grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a
small child traveling with you, secure your mask before
assisting with theirs. If you are traveling with more than
one small child, pick your favorite."


I keep reminding myself that I have to fly if
I want to go see my grandmother and father
for Christmas.
So with that folks, I am off!!

Until my next post... ~kimme
P.S. I have now locked my blog to a few
readers that I have email addresses for...
I want to post pictures that I don't want
the whole world to see.... I feel bad that
I didn't have an email for a few people, but
I will unlock my blog after Christmas and
hope that those readers return and forgive
me! :)


Top Ten Signs that You Spoil your Dog:
1. You think begging for table scraps is beneath him,
so you let your dog eat at the table with you.
2. You take him to the supermarket and let him pick
out his own dog food.
3. Your husband comes home from work, looks at the
stew on the stove and asks: "Is this people food or dog food?"
4. You bought matching His & Hers place mats for your
dog and yourself.
5. At dinner parties you always have to double-check the
butter for visible lick marks, before putting it on the table.
6. Your dog gets to vote on where to spend the next family
vacation.
7. You don't care if you or your spouse are comfortable at
night, as long as Fido has enough room on the bed.
8. You complain about the rising costs of groceries, but you
don't think twice about spending a fortune on doggie treats.
9. Your dog always gets the best spot on the couch and
sometimes he even gets to hold the remote.
10. He has his own e-mail address.

2 comments:

Stella said...

You are much braver than I am. I hate flying and avoid it all costs, but I suppose that if it was the only way to see my family, I would have to grit my teeth and get on with it. Give me a boat anyday.

Sister-Daughter said...

Chance would be fine... The last time this Nun flew was coming to Ireland. First a tiny Islander craft in a high gale, ( I told the pilot I had been praying for him and he said he had felt it..) then a slightly bigger plane to Edinburgh, then a HUGE airbus to Dublin. Great fun all of it!