18 December, 2009

Having fun..Mountains and a Cave....


We are taking day trips to a few of our
favorite places. Today we drove threw the
Guadalupe Mountains and walked into the
deep caverns in Carlsbad New Mexico.
Enjoy the pictures!

~Kimme


On the road in Texas.
Guadalupe Mountains ahead. I had forgotten
had large Texas is! The scenery is changing and
you can see for miles and miles!


Salt flats

Now in New Mexico....
Entrance to Carlsbad Caverns. This is where
the bats that reside in the cave (March threw October)
make their exit. It is a wondrous thing to see...

750 feet down inside the cave... and about 1 1/2 hour
walking time. Great exercise!

Interesting formations.





Links to park info above.... I had wanted to
tell you the whole story myself, but I have
very limited internet and chose to post
pics with my alloted time :)

1 comment:

white o'morn cottage said...

WHAT? NO SNOW! The caves are fascinating. I would love to see the bats fly out all together. What a sight it must be. Love Pam