20 January, 2010

Blue, Red, or Green Door? Tea Cozy update

The Tea Cozies I posted last week are coming along.
I have finished one, I am working on another, I have
a possible idea for the third and I have 2 others knitted
with no designs in the cabinet.  

Phew!!  I'm a knitt'n like crazy!


Here is what I have so far.......



As you can see, I only have blue yarn this
go round. I think I prefer cream! Isn't it always
that way.  LOL!

Above: 3 cozies all knitted in one size....
Teapots above are 4 cups, 2 cups & 1 cup.

Do you  think I should add elastic on the bottom
for a better fit on the smaller ones?

What size is your teapot?

Front (I may add more little flowers)
Back (maybe more grass and flowers?)

All stacked up :)


For your consideration....  Below is a current design
I am working on.  I still need to finish the flowers
and the cottage.

Here's the question....  What color door and shutters do
you think I should use?  Blue, Red, or Green?

I am full of questions this week!! :)



I hope you are having a nice week.
I am off to the dentist tomorrow! Doh!!

~kimme



10 comments:

liz said...

Love the tea cosies and can't wait til I see mine. I LOVE the blue wool.

You're very clever Kimme.

xxLiz

Kimme@Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Thanks Liz!
I can't wait to send yours off to ya! :)

hug~kimme

the hentzen house said...

OMG! those are so cute! did you want to send me one in idaho.... just kidding! nice work, kimme! jen

the hentzen house said...

didn't answer the questions:

no doubt about it... red shutters & door.

definitely more flowers... maybe a bird?!

:)jen

Kimme@Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Jen,
Thank you for your kind comment
on my tea cozies. :) I am having fun with them. Red doors and maybe a bird? I can see that!

I would be happy to make you one; however, I would need a week or two before it would be done. If your interested let me know and I will put you down on my list of knitting :)... currently working on a pair of fingerless mittens and some cozies to donate.

hugs~kimme

Arhonda Bend said...

They're so pretty. I'd never have the patience to sit and do something like that - I wish I had.

Grannymar said...

I'd say red shutters & door.

My mum made many a cozy when I was younger, but then the teapot was always on the go. I make tea about once a year when my school pal comes to visit. Nowadays this is a coffee house.

I am pleased that you found the needlework dictionary helpful.

Val said...

Oh they are so cute, well done.

Kimme@Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Thanks Arhonda, Grannymar,

I am having fun with them.. I have even started a new one with little designs on found on the website Grannymar recommended. :)

hugs ~kimme

Kimme@Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Hello Val :)

Thank you for your kind comment on my tea cozies.:)
I am having so much fun with them. I can't wait to send them off to their destinations and make even more!

hugs~kimme