06 January, 2010

How cold is it? It's colder than a Polar Bears....


How cold is it here? It's colder than a Polar Bears
toenails!!


Well folks, It is snowing like crazy! The current temp
in my part of Germany is 8 ℉/-13 ℃ or at least this
is what my out door thermometer says.



I checked online and we will have 20℉ as
the high today. Brrrr cold!

How cold is it?

It's so cold that a local flasher was caught "describing"
himself to women. Ha!ha!   (Now, I thought that was 
funny, but I have been told by daughter that it isn't....
"mom, i love you... your so weird"

Is it cold out where you are?

In the past 5 years that I have lived here I don't
recall snow In December or January. We
usually have our snow in late Feb or March.

Even looks like Ireland is having a snow
storm of their own. I didn't know it snowed
that much in Ireland. I guess I am wrong?

Strange weather world wide?

How cold is it?

Why, it's so cold here...we got dogs stuck to
fire hydrants all over town.

I don't think the bread man in his little van
will be coming down my street today. I don't
blame him if he doesn't. We have a slippery
slope coming down my hill. "No pastries
for me! 3 days!" (a variation of a Seinfield remark)

Maybe I will venture out in "Phat Louie"
just for the thrill of it.

 Hmm, maybe not?


Small go cart like car + Icy roads = ?? splat?
slam? slide, slide, slide?



Still, I sure could use a break from my classes.

Better yet, I could take the doggies out for a walk
in their little coats... Any excuse to dress
them up. They just look so cute! And the weird
looks I get from the locals is priceless. LOL!

How cold is it?

"It's so cold we had to chisel the dog off
a lamp-post"

Speaking of warm clothes....

Don'tcha love winter clothes?

Down jackets and scarfs.
Warm heavy boots.
Hand knitted gloves
and fuzzy sweaters.

Kinda Reminds of a song from The Sound of Music.....

𝄞 𝄞Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things
𝄞𝄞


I have now broken out in song and freaked
out the dogs with my loudest and best impersonation
of Maria. (again, sound of music:) Gosh, you would
think they would be used to me by now. LOL!

Have a Snowy-White wonderful day!
~kimme

One last time....How cold is it?

It's cold enough to freeze the balls off a pool table. Ha! Ha!


8 comments:

the hentzen house said...

we finally got snow in idaho over the holidays... so now we're in shades of gray with an icy 18 degrees!! stay warm!

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Brrr! That sounds cold too! :)


~kimme

magnumlady said...

Welcome back Kimme. Your weather sounds very much like ours.....we are so fed up on the snow.

mise said...

I started off admiring your trees, but then abandoned them so as to admire your very charming car instead. Yes, way better than trees. I hope the weather allows you back on the road soon so that it can win new admirers.

white o'morn cottage said...

Welcome back Kimme! We missed you. Yes, we have snow and it is soooo cold. We are just not used to this weather and can't really keep things going as we don't have snow ploughs and gritters etc'cos we3 don't usually need 'em. Methinks we need 'em now. Love Pam

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Mise and Pam,

Thank you for stopping by :) It sure is good to be back.
Mise,
ya "Phat Louie" is a fun little car. He gets great gas milage and is just so much fun to drive!

Pam.. get out there and buy that snow plow! Mmm, maybe this could be my new career.. plowing the streets of Ireland. "Plowing for Ireland" would be my work name.

hugs~kimme

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Hey Magnumlady! it is so good to hear from you :)

I think our weather is very similar now. We must of sent it your way. LOL! I like the snow, but I have nowhere to go lately, but daughter and hubby are fed up!

hugs~kimme

Anonymous said...

Awww Kimme...I miss the cold! We are still running the a/c at nights...ugh.. I forgot to mention in my last comment...I am so sorry about your Grandma, I know how hard that stuff is...believe me. You have my heart, as always, I have to run, gotta go walk my German Shepherd client!!!
Love ya!
Shana