24 January, 2010

Roses and Trellis...

My third tea cosy/cozy is almost finished.  Phew!
This one is made extra special as a gift for a friend.

Making It has been very enjoyable, and I have learned a lot
from the experience.  I am new at embroidery and crochet
and find the challenge of doing something new to be fun.
I have done little designs on previous cozies, but nothing
that really had any technique to it.

On this particular cozy, I put little French knots to look
like roses with leaves and cross stitches to look like a
picket fence and trellis.

It is still very basic and I have so very much to learn,
but I think it is rather sweet.  If I do say so myself. LOL!  :)

I can't wait to try so many more stitches on other projects!

Thankfully I have a great web site link to teach me even more
about embroidery.  I got it from a blog I read often written by
a funny Irish woman named Grannymar.  She writes about
many different things plus wonderful weekly recipes.  She also
occasionally shows her beautiful hand embroidered work
and to be helpful had posted this helpful link for making
different stitches. Here is that link Stitch Dictionary


Here is the tea cozy....  Notice that my favorite craft bag
is in the background. I love it!  You can get one of your
own or a "Eco Shopping Bag Tote"  at my friend
Pam of White O'Morn's blog.
(Plus she has so many other wonderful things there :)








I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

~kimme

11 comments:

Grannymar said...

That looks wonderful. keep up the good work.

All things nice... said...

Just came across your blog, its so pretty and sweet. Love your tea cosy too.

All things nice...

Kimme@Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Thank you Grannymar and All things nice for your kind comments. :)

~kimme

the hentzen house said...

love the french-knot roses on the trellis! clever girl... jh

Stella said...

That tea cosy is so beautiful!

CountryWife said...

that is just the cutest thing! really love it :-)

Imen McDonnell said...

Your tea cosy is lovely! and so is your blog..will come back for more visits!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kimme!

Thanks for the email! Cute...very cute!!! I love the tea cozy! You are doing so great with that stuff! I have been so busy! Still! And I lost my wallet! What a pain! Ooh! Guess what? I had my body fat retested..I have lost nearly 4% since I started power pump class! I have lost fat and put on nearly 7 pounds of muscle!!! Yay me! :)
love ya!
Shana

Kimme@Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Thank you everyone for your kind comments on my teacozies. I am still learning how to embroider and have a lot to learn, So I really appreciated all the sweet things you have said about them. :)

hugs~kimme

Janean said...

just found your sweet blog. i have a dear friend who we also call, "kimmie!"

you did beautiful work on the cozy!!

white o'morn cottage said...

Hey Kimme, that cosy is exquisite! You are fab at the new things you have tackled. I am so impressed. Thanks for your plug and continued support. I really appreciate it. You are a true friend ...Love Pam