15 January, 2010

Warm Irish Picture for the weekend.



















With this week remaining cold and icy here,  I am compelled
to dream about a warm day we spent in Ireland.   It was a
welcoming day out after spending a few days in the car driving
up to Donegal to visit cousins and then back down again to
Kerry to see more sites.

The image above stands out in my mind.

I remember the sky and sea had put on glorious matching
blue outfits, accessorized by the white frothy tide and
golden hue of the strand that day.

The sea calls to me again like a sailor that has been
away too long.  (Isn't that the cheesiest thing you have ever heard! LOL!)

Maybe in the spring I will return to this spot and look out
over its beauty once again.  Until then, I have many memories
and photos to pull from.

Have a wonderful weekend....

Stay safe and warm!
~kimme



6 comments:

Arhonda Bend said...

You were lucky to have a warm day in Donegal. Any time I've been, it has rained, unfortunately. Still, it wouldn't deter me from going back. It's a possible camping destination for this year. :)

Kimme@Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Arhonda Bend,

So glad you stopped in! :) Hmm, I have forgotten
where I took that picture, but I do know it was somewhere between Kerry and Donegal. We drove from Leitrim to Donegal and then back down to
Kerry. Camping in Donegal sounds exciting! Have a great time.

hugs~kimme

magnumlady said...

Lovely photo, it's actually mild here today....although it's blowing a gale now. At least most of the snow has gone though.

George@CulinaryTravels said...

Absolutely beautiful. It makes me long for a visit to Ireland.

the hentzen house said...

"matching blue outfits..." pure poetry! now i'm really dying to take another trip over the pond!

Kimme@Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Thank you Val, George and
Hentzen house for your nice comments. I am glad you enjoyed the photo. :)

hugs~kimme