27 May, 2011

Do I still dream? You betcha!!

Hello friends, I am currently in the Southwest caring
for my grandmother.  It was a long trip from Europe
but it was worth it to be here for her.

The other day on an outing I bumped into an old friend.
It was so neat to see someone I knew from the past.

My friend remembered my love of Ireland
(gosh, have I been talking about it that long?) 
and one of the first questions out of her mouth
was "did you ever buy a house in Ireland and are you
going to one day?" sadly my answer was no but I 
still dream of it.   From the expression on her face,
I know I must of lit up like a candle as I always do 
whenever I speak of Ireland and my Irish friends.  

I told her of my favorite town, my friends there, and the
area that I dream of for my Irish Cottage Dream. She 
also asked what I will do once I am there.... well maybe
I will sell some of my favorite products in a little shop or
I will fall back on a few talents... I am very resourceful :)
Getting the cottage is the starting point for a new adventure!

It was nice to see an old friend and for a moment I
forgot the stress that I am currently under with my
grandmother's situation.  And after I left, I went out
and bought a lottery ticket. (I don't normally do this..
I believe in hard work and kindness to others)
But I thought "what the heck!" I could sure use a
miracle now! I know If I won enough money to buy
a cottage I would just be beside myself with joy.
But I do know how unrealistic that is and I will just
continue to work hard and save.  It has been a very,
very long road....I am not giving up.

Latest favorite cottage....  Here you go!

I know it is a new one...unlike the fixer-uppers
I usually list, but it is a beauty and I could sure
see myself happily in the kitchen cleaning the
vegetables from the lovely garden on the property.

So what do you think of this one?



Ballinamore, Co Leitrim
3bdrm, 2 bath 110K
Thank you www.property.ie


May your right hand be stretched out in friendship
                      and never in want.

2 comments:

magnumlady.com said...

Fingers crossed that you will win the lottery.

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Thank you Val :) I didn't win but thank goodness that I don't give up too easily :)